Helping Youth build strong hearts, minds and bodies - Located in Rapid City, SD, our goal at WellFully is to help these boys and girls, ages 10 to 17 rise from whatever low place they find themselves, whether it’s from addiction, behavioral challenges or just feeling alone, and help them to move to a place where they are well… FULLY WELL!
Summary of Duties:
- The Weekend Shift Supervisor will provide immediate support to direct care staff, including during crisis situations involving staff or clients. They will assist in providing a therapeutic and nurturing environment for the youth in Wellfully’s care. The Weekly Supervisor will maintain constant contact via email with the Team Leader for any concerns or issues that they encounter during their shifts. They may have other duties assigned to them based on current needs as determined by the Team Leader.
- Will provide daily supervision of a team of youth care workers and will address performance related issues through corrective action in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Assists Youth Care Workers in resolving work related conflicts, concerns and complaints.
- Provides hands on training with the Youth Care Workers. Assists with ongoing training needs.Will work in conjunction with the Team Leader to see that all training needs are being met.
- Helps provide direct supervision and daily care of the youth.
- Forms a trusting relationship with the youth, provides and assures a balance of nurturing and limit setting demonstrating an understanding of the emotional needs of the youth at all times. Will be available to role model this to staff as the situations arise.
- Maintains a clean, safe and therapeutic environment.
- Identifies and resolves needs of youth and youth care workers.Will communicate their needs and concerns to the Team leader through emails and 1-1s..
- Monitors groups to ensure they are therapeutic and appropriate.Will communicate concerns with groups to the Team Leader.
- Assists both units when needed to help with crises situations, staffing issues,transportation and possibly covering shifts as needed.
- Will maintain open communication with the Team Leader and Office Manager verbally and through e-mails.
- Will answer all emails in a timely manner.
- Assures adherence to Wellfully’s Workplace Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Procedures, South Dakota State Regulations/Administrative Rules relating to residential treatment and/or inpatient chemical dependency treatment and mandatory reporting laws during assigned shifts by the Youth Care Workers.
- Ensures adherence to daily shift schedule provided by the Office Manager including timeliness of Youth Care Workers and absentee coverage.
- Daily update provided in schedule and documentation of which employees were called to cover shifts emailed to the Office Manager and cc the Team Leader.
- Will be responsible for the daily responsibility sheets and ensure that they are being completed and followed.
- Will work closely with the Team Leader in the evaluations of the Youth Care Workers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
Education and Experience or Equivalencies:
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or a related field and/or experience with special needs populations especially the emotionally, behaviorally disturbed and/or chemically dependent is preferred.
- Experience supervising others in a working capacity is preferred.
- All candidates must have (or qualify to obtain) a current South Dakota driver's license, proof of insurance, and be cleared through the Central Registry of Abuse and Neglect and the Division of Criminal Investigation.
- Weekend Supervisors must be able to perform crisis intervention techniques to control a physically acting-out youth.
- Full Time – Friday – Sunday 12:00pm to 10:00pm
- Salary DOE