Helping YOUTH build strong hearts, minds & bodies
- 10-15 hours per week
Summary of Duties:
- The Case Manager is responsible for supporting the Group Care Counselor in providing daily support for the residential youth and their families. The Group Care Counselor supervises the Case Managers.
- Assists youth care workers with monitoring residents in the Group Care Program (GCP) as needed.
- Provides a balance of nurturing and limit setting as well as modeling appropriate behavior and decision making for GCP residents.
- Provide support to Group Care Counselor regarding communication with referral sources and guardian including appointment setup and documentation
- Managing visitation schedule, monitoring if needed, and completing summaries
- Monitors cases by verifying clients’ attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
Educational & Medical Support:
- Assist with youth transport to attend school
- Coordinate with school liaison regarding IEPs, school functions, and any extra-curricular events
- Transport youth to appointments with approval from nurse and Group Care Counselor
- Review appointment summaries and enter in (EMR)
- Coordinate with Group Care Counselor to ensure youth have appropriate outings and opportunities to gain independent living skills including jobs
- Coordinate with Team Leaders on scheduling activities, supporting basic care needs, and supporting group outings and internal volunteer opportunities
- Lead evening group sessions with youth in Group Care Program and document activity.
- Lead 30 min-1 hour groups in Addiction Recovery when appropriate and available with permission of Group Care Counselor.
- Enter by typing Group Care Counselor’s initial interviews into Practice Fusion.
- Responsible for maintaining GCP resident case notes.
- Responsible for compiling all information pertaining to the GCP residents including school reports, medical reports, psychological assessments, medical assessments, past discharge summaries, information from the residents’ juvenile correction officer or the resident’s’ social worker, the Wellfully nurse, and other sources as required.
- Completing and uploading paperwork including watch sheets, visit slips, IRs, DSS meeting notes,
- Completing daily notes once per month
- Monthly file reviews
- Attend staffing meetings and communicates client’s’ progress by disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences..
- Develop liaison relationships with referral sources
Include referral sources in treatment services with approval from Group Care Counselor
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
Able to communicate and relate well with direct care staff, counselors, physicians and other clinical staff.
Able to provide innovative input into the development of the office and its processes.
Efficient, organized and accurate
Education & Experience Equivalencies
- Required – Must be, or working towards ACT, Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
- Required – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience (4).
- Degree in Social Work preferred.
Credentials & Licensing
- ACT or CAC preferred for position
- All candidates must have (or qualify to obtain) a current South Dakota driver’s license, proof of insurance, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report.
- Be cleared through the Central Registry for Abuse and Neglect and the Division of Criminal Investigation.
- Ideal Candidate will possess: Documentation Skills, Ability to analyze Information , Decision Making Skills, Research Skills, Strong Verbal Communication and Written Communication, Good People Skills, Ability to Resolve and De-escalate Conflict, Integrity, Connecting with Children
- Ability to perform crisis intervention techniques to control a physically acting-out adolescent
- Full Time
- Please email a pdf of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org