- 30 hours per week, Wednesday through Saturday (includes on-call duties)
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for assisting in both our Addiction Recovery and Behavioral Health Care units. In our Addiction Recovery Unit you will be responsible for the implementation of a therapeutic milieu, group, individual, and family treatment, as well as a variety of therapeutic and case management services to youth and their families. In our Behavioral Health Care Unit you will be responsible for individual counseling and family counseling for residential youth and their families.
Direct Services Provision:
- Provides individual, family counseling and case management to youth using an eclectic but systematic approach, frequency and duration to be dictated by the needs of the family and Wellfully standards of care and /or as required by State rules/regulation. *Reflected in satisfactory accuracy and timeliness of paperwork concerning treatment sessions.
- Provides crisis intervention to the residents. *Will be certified in SCM.
- Provides on-call duties on rotation including being the point person for BHCU and ARU resident runaways, family visitation issues, ESI orders, and emergency placements. *Reflected in satisfactory accuracy and timelines of paperwork concerning the on call duties and availability to assist direct care staff in care decisions.
- Provides a balance of nurturing and limit settings as well as modeling appropriate behavior and decision making for the BHCU and ARU residents.
- Attends and participates in treatment team meetings, group and individual supervision and other meetings as required for the BHCU and ARU.
- Assists the youth care workers monitoring the residents in the BHCU and ARU as needed.
- Responsible for keeping the residents files updated with the information required by Wellfully and/or State rule/regulation for the BHCU and ARU.
- Responsible for all reports and case service plans for BHCU and the ARU that are required by Wellfully and state rules/regulations.
- Will alternate monthly monitoring of the files for compliance to governing standards that apply to the BHCU. *Reflected in satisfactory monitoring of the files to ensure compliance.
- Develop liaison relationships with referral sources.
- Include referral sources in treatment services.
Education and Experience Equivalencies:
- Required – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent. Ability to obtain Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor Trainee status.
- Required – Must be, or working towards ACT, Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
- Prior experience with special needs population, especially Chemically Dependent and Emotionally/Behaviorally Challenged population preferred. All candidates must have (or qualify to obtain) a current South Dakota driver’s license, proof of insurance, acceptable motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report and be cleared through the Central Registry for Abuse and Neglect and the Division of Criminal Investigation.
- Ability to perform crisis intervention techniques to control a physically acting‐out adolescent.
- Full Time
- Please email a pdf of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org